Wife gave me her IPhone which was purchased from Telus and had a Telus sim card.As I had a Rogers purchased cell phone and a Rogers sim card I went to the Rogers store and had the sim card switched into the IPhone.

The person at the store stated wait a few minutes and service should start to work. I left, drove home, but the service did not start to work. I phoned Rogers customer service line. That person went through all of the cell phone settings but could not get the service to work and directed me to return back to the Rogers store.

I drove back to the store and the person there (different person than previously) stated that the phone would have to be unlocked 1st, that it would cost about $ 50, and told me to go to the Telus store to have it unlocked. I went to the Telus store. Paid Telus $ 15 and bought a Telus sim card and the IPhone now worked. I then went back to the Rogers store to pay them my account balance of $ 28 from earlier and they refused to process the payment.

I then asked to have my account closed. They again refused to do so stating that the store only sells and does nothing else to support customers or account transactions. Next I drove home, paid the account balance through Rogers web site, and then phoned Rogers customer service line to close the account. The 1st person after taking information from me and asking some questions then stated that she could not close the account and then transferred me to the 2nd person called the cancellation person.

I asked him to close the account. He then went back through my account information again which the 1st person had just done and then he finally closed off the account. 3 store visits plus talking to 3 different persons on the phone where initially all I wanted to do was switch a sim card.

Rogers is not worth the time or effort to deal with.Better off going elsewhere.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Rogers Communications. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Rogers Communications to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Bell Canada. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Rogers Communications sim card for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Rogers Communications?

Comments

Kingston, Ontario, Canada #1209878

You cant put a rogers sim card in a telus phone. Everyone knows that and only a rogers corpoate store can take payments and cancellations. Do your homework before you bash a company